Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
Bid those awesome winter citruses farewell with this superb Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie.
Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
1 (14.1-ounce) group refrigerated piecrusts
2¾ cups sugar, apportioned
1½ cups notwithstanding ⅓ cup water, apportioned
4 tremendous egg whites, room temperature
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon vanilla concentrate
5 tremendous egg yolks
⅓ cup cornstarch
½ cup Meyer lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon certifiable salt
2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
2 tablespoons Meyer lemon punch
- Shower a 9-inch pie plate with cooking sprinkle.
- On a delicately floured surface, unroll 1 piecrust; gently brush with water. Top with remaining piecrust. Crease stacked structures into a 12-inch circle. Move to a coordinated plate, fitting into base and up sides. Trim hitter to ½ inch past edge of plate. Overlay edges under, and wrinkle as cared about. Prick finished with a fork. Freeze until half an hour..
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top combination with a piece of material paper, permitting terminations to loosen up over edges of plate. Add pie loads.
- Heat for 20 minutes. Warily take out paper and loads. Heat until covering is splendid brown and dry, around 15 minutes more.
- In a little dish, cook 1¼ cups sugar and ⅓ cup water over high hotness until blend registers 240° on a second understood thermometer.
- In the meantime, in the bowl of a stand blender fitted with the whisk association, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at medium speed until sensitive zeniths structure. With blender on low speed, step by step void hot sugar syrup into egg white mix. Accelerate to high, and beat until bowl is cool to the touch, around 8 minutes. Beat in vanilla.
- In bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch are used…
- In a medium pot, whisk together lemon juice, salt, remaining 1½ cups water, and remaining 1 cup sugar; cook over medium hotness, whisking every so often, until steaming. (Make an effort not to bubble.) Slowly whisk hot lemon juice mix into egg yolk mix until joined. Return blend to pot, and hotness with the eventual result of bubbling over medium hotness, whisking ceaselessly; cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, around 2 minutes. Dispense with from hotness, and strain mix through a fine-network sifter into a medium bowl. Blend in spread and lemon punch until disintegrated and smooth. As soon as possible fill warm piecrust. Top with meringue, attempting to push meringue to edges of covering.
Using a handheld kitchen light, warily and delicately natural hued meringue. (For again, set pie on a rimmed baking sheet, and brown under stove on center rack of oven for 1 to 2 minutes.) Let cool absolutely before cutting.
Kitchen tip-The external layer and filling can be made ahead, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated until further notice. Make the meringue not long before serving.